Thursday 27 September 2012

Michael Bisping: ?I don't want to go out there in front of millions of people and get my ass kicked.?

UFC middleweight Michael Bisping has never shied away from speaking his mind even if it means rubbing a few people the wrong way. Likewise, when Bisping has been asked to give his thoughts on a potential title-shot he?s been more than happy to answer, not only expressing confidence in his ability to beat Brian Stann this weekend at UFC 152 but give champion Anderson Silva one helluva test too.

However, Bisping recently spoke to a group of media members where he made it clear he may be open to discussing the possibility of a showdown with Silva but isn?t looking past Stann just because he?ll talk about the future beyond their bout.

?I’d love to fight Anderson Silva one day, but, that might as well be a million miles away right now, because if I don’t beat Brian Stann in the foreseeable future, it isn’t going to happen anytime soon. So, I can answer questions and think about it, but I’m really not thinking about it,? explained Bisping (as transcribed by MMAFighting). ?Everything is completely focused on Brian Stann. The guy’s going to try to knock me out this weekend, and he’s good at doing that. I don’t want to go out there in front of millions of people and get my ass kicked. I’m not even thinking about Anderson Silva.?

Brash Brit Bisping Slams the Idea of Chris Weidman as #1 Contender

Beyond his own immediate schedule being booked, Bisping also knows Silva has his hands full at the moment with an October return to light heavyweight on the horizon. Silva, who stepped up last week help save the UFC 153 lineup, is set to face Stephan Bonnar. Of course, as grand a gesture as that might have been, Bisping doesn?t see Silva having any problems with ?The American Psycho?.

?Let’s be honest, more than likely, Anderson Silva’s going to decapitate him. I don’t think I’m saying anything too out there with that comment. Who knows? Stephan Bonnar is tough. He’ll give it a go. He’ll fight,? stated Bisping, giving Bonnar a smidge of credit, adding, ?I think Stephan Bonnar is going to do a better job than Forrest Griffin did.”

PHOTO CREDIT – UFC

Source: http://www.fighters.com/09/18/michael-bisping-%e2%80%9ci-dont-want-to-go-out-there-in-front-of-millions-of-people-and-get-my-ass-kicked-%e2%80%9d

Rodrigo Gracie Roger Gracie Rolles Gracie Royce Gracie Royler Gracie

No comments:

Post a Comment