Wednesday 31 October 2012

Cung Le admits he won?t be 100% entering UFC on Fuel 6 bout with Rich Franklin

When the UFC called middleweight Cung Le about fighting in November his initial reaction was likely to decline the offer, requiring more time to get ready after injuring his foot in July. However, once the company revealed the card was scheduled to mark the UFC?s debut in China it became a no brainer for Le.

Le spent a number of years fighting in Asia as a San Shou competitor and has a great deal of respect for China?s history where martial arts are concerned. Throw in the added bonus of a legendary opponent, and Le went from hesitant to head-over-heels about the opportunity being sent his way on November 10 at UFC on Fuel 6.

?A lot of people thought after I fought Wanderlei Silva I was going to be done. But look at me now: two fights into my contract and I’m getting ready to fight the biggest fight of my life against Rich Franklin. It doesn’t get any better than this. It’s like a dream come true for me,? said Le in an interview with The MMA Hour, though he also admitted, ?Definitely if this fight wasn’t in Macau, China, even if I was in a main event somewhere else, I’d give myself the right amount of time so my foot could really heal.?

Le Not Ready to Retire Just Yet

The former Strikeforce champion suffered the damage in clash with Patrick Cote at UFC 148, exiting the match-up with the foot grossly swollen though not necessarily broken. With the number of kicks associated with his offense, fans might question how well Le will be able to perform come showtime in a few weeks. Then again, considering how excited Le is about facing Franklin in China, chances are his adrenaline will mask any pain and fans will be treated to a fantastic fight between two game competitors.

PHOTO CREDIT – UFC

Source: http://www.fighters.com/10/29/cung-le-admits-he-won%e2%80%99t-be-100-entering-ufc-on-fuel-6-bout-with-rich-franklin

Wagnney Fabiano Kevin Kimbo Slice Ferguson Paulo Filho Mirko Cro Cop Filipović Luiz Buscapé Firmino

No comments:

Post a Comment