Wednesday 29 October 2014

Chad Mendes on UFC champ Jose Aldo: 'I'm in his head'

UFC featherweight champion Jose Aldo (24-1) claims he shoved #1 contender Chad Mendes (16-1) at a media event simply to promote their Oct. 25 title rematch, but the challenger believes there's another reason.�"I think that?s bull," Mendes said recently.

"[Aldo] lost his temper, he lost his cool and that?s never happened before. So he?s trying to backtrack and cover that up, like, we were just trying to sell the fight. If that was the case, if you were trying to sell the fight, you wouldn?t come out and say that afterwards. That was him backpedaling for sure."

Mendes may have lost via dramatic first round KO at the hands of Aldo the first time they met, but the Team Alpha Male fighter insists he's the one with the psychological advantage heading into the rematch.�"For me it?s basically me thinking I?m in his head, man," he continued.

"We?ve never seen Aldo do this with any opponent. I think he feels threatened in his head, which is right where I want to be. When you get into a stare-off and the guy shoves you or pushes you, it?s kind of funny to me. That?s our job, and that?s what we?re supposed to do. If you don?t want to be there, don?t do the damn stare down. It?s just funny to me to see him get frustrated and lose his cool."

Do you think either fighter is in the other's head? Let us know in the comments section!

Follow Elias on Twitter @EliasCepeda & @YahooCagewriter

Source: http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mma-cagewriter/chad-mendes-on-ufc-champ-jose-aldo---i-m-in-his-head-154310606.html

Mauro Galvao Arman Gambaryan Manvel Gamburyan Sean Gannon Edgar Garcia

No comments:

Post a Comment