Thursday 30 October 2014

Khabib Nurmagomedov: 'Anthony Pettis a playboy, not a champion'

Khabib Nurmagomedov has watched injured UFC champion Anthony Pettis closely the past year or so, and isn't impressed with what he's seen.��"I follow his Instagram, and I see every time he parties, and I think he?s a playboy," the Russian said in a recent interview.

"All my life I?m training hard. I?m training in mountains, I?m wrestling with bears, and all my life I?m training...He?s the champion, but he?s not a true champion."

Nurmagomedov is undefeated and has won twice since Pettis last fought, and won the UFC title. Since that time, Pettis has been out action with injuries.�

He's currently set to defend the belt next against Gilbert Melendez. Injuries or none,�Nurmagomedov doesn't believe a real champion should be able to go so long without defending their title.

"He hasn?t had a defense," he said.

"He won the belt, yes, but he?s a paper champion. I think he?s a paper champion. Everyone knows I am the true champion. The next fight, I deserve a title shot. This belt is mine. If UFC says I have a title shot, it will be very good for me. It?s my big dream.?

Nurmagomedov will likely have to wait for a long while to fight for the title. Though, it seems clear he's trying to make up whatever difference may exist between where he's at and a title shot with talk.

Do you think he could give Pettis problems with his strong grappling? Let us know in the comments section.

Follow Elias on Twitter @EliasCepeda & @YahooCagewriter

Source: http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mma-cagewriter/khabib-nurmagomedov---anthony-pettis-a-playboy--not-a-champion-174303748.html

Rich Franklin Ian Freeman Don Frye Tony Fryklund Kazuyuki Fujita

No comments:

Post a Comment