Monday 27 October 2014

UFC's Mark Hunt: 'I'm better than ever before'

UFC heavyweight Mark Hunt (10-8) has lost only once in his last seven outings, and positioned himself for a shot at the world title at 40 years of age. The "Super Samoan" originally made his name as a world K-1 kickboxing champion, nearly 15 years ago, but he says he's much better now than he's ever been before.

?I?m a way better fighter now,? he said in a recent interview.

?I?m dedicating far more time to the sport, to my training, my preparation, than I ever did back then...This is the second sport that I?ve reached the top. I was the only guy from outside Europe to have won a KI and now I?m going to be the first guy from this part of the world to win a UFC title.?

Hunt last fought and won via KO in late September against Roy Nelson. UFC heavyweight champion Cain Velasquez�(13-1) defends his belt Nov. 15 against Fabricio Werdum (18-5-1), in Mexico City.�

The timing seems right for Hunt, at this point, and he looks poised to be the next compelling challenger for UFC heavyweight gold. The native New Zealander may be older than his opponents with less overall MMA fights than most of them, but he's fought nothing but top competition since moving from kickboxing to MMA, and says no man daunts him.

?There isn?t a fighter anywhere who can intimidate me now," he continued.

?There are no other factors that cause me stress when I get inside the Octagon. I guess that?s an advantage of getting older.?

Do you want to see Hunt fight the winner of Velasquez vs. Werdum? Let us know in the comments section!

Follow Elias on Twitter @EliasCepeda & @YahooCagewriter

Source: http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mma-cagewriter/ufc-s-mark-hunt---i-m-better-than-ever-before-161151121.html

Gregor Gracie Ralek Gracie Renzo Gracie Rickson Gracie Rodrigo Gracie

No comments:

Post a Comment