Tuesday 28 August 2012

Ronda Rousey credits improved maturity with assisting in stoppage of Sarah Kaufman

Strikeforce bantamweight champ Ronda Rousey shocked the world this weekend by not only beating seasoned veteran Sarah Kaufman on Saturday night but doing so with an opening round Armbar. The technique has become synonymous with ?Rowdy Ronda? based on her having beaten all of her foes thus far with the submission before the expiration of each bout?s first frame.

However, as familiar s Rousey may be with the hold, it seems as though her stoppage of Kaufman was not as easy as it may have looked.

?In judo I have a tendency to rush because I only had a few seconds to get an Armbar, and this time I got it and I was like, ?Take your time, take your time,? cause I thought if I went for it too early I might lose my position,? explained Rousey in a post-fight interview with Showtime. ?I feel like I?m developing more as a Mixed Martial Artist in that I was able to take my time and change my position around until I was happy with where I was at before I went for it. So I feel mature now since I went in more relaxed and not just trying to go, go, go like my earlier fights.?

Highlights from Rousey vs. Kaufman

Rousey improved her overall record to 6-0 with the victory, dropping Kaufman?s to 15-2 in the process as well. Though nothing official has been announced she is expected to fight either Miesha Tate or Cristiane Santos in her next scrap.

The full interview with Rousey can be found below:

PHOTO CREDIT – STRIKEFORCE

Source: http://www.fighters.com/08/19/ronda-rousey-credits-improved-maturity-with-assisting-in-stoppage-of-sarah-kaufman

Shane The Engineer Carwin  Jason Hollywood Chambers Ryo Piranha Chonan  Dan The Sandman Christison  Logan The Pink Pounder Clark 

No comments:

Post a Comment